Paper edit regulation
Editorial Board Policy for Journal of Multi-Cultural Contents Studies
Issue date: April 1st, 2006
Revised date: March 1st, 2007
Revised date: April 18th, 2011
Revised date: November 1st, 2013
Revised date: January 26th, 2015
Chapter 1. General provisions
- Article 1. (Title) The full title of the following policy is the “Editorial Board Policy for the Cultural Contents and Technology Research Institute’s Journal of Multi-Cultural Contents Studies.”
- Article 2. (Objective) The following policy is intended to stipulate matters related to the editing and publication of the Cultural Contents and Technology Research Institute’s Journal of Multi-Cultural Contents Studies.
- Article 3. (Publication dates) Journal of Multi-Cultural Contents Studies is published triannually and the expected publication dates are April 30th, August 31st, and December 31st. April and August issues accept articles written in Korean and English; December issues accept articles in English only.
Chapter 2. Organization and responsibilities
- Article 4. (Formation) The Editorial Board is comprised of one Editor- in-Chief and ten Editorial Board Members. The Editor-in-Chief is appointed by the Executive Director of Institute.
- Article 5. (Selection of editors) Editors are appointed by the Editor- in-Chief after reviewing the Editor’s field of expertise and research experience, and considering the regional balance of the members.
- Article 6. (Editor qualifications) Editors must have the following qualifications:
- 1. The one who has let three years or more pass since the obtainment of a PhD.
- 2. The one who must have published several articles in the field of multi-cultural studies.
- 3. The one who must have a good reputation and character as an academic scholar.
- Article 7. (Appointment term of Editors) Editorial Board Members are appointed for a 2-year-term.
- Article 8. (Editorial Advisory Board) When needed, an Editorial Advisory Board will be formed to manage the editing and publishing of the journal and other publications.
- Article 9. (Selection of Associate Editor) An Associate Editor is appointed to manage the editing and publishing of the journal and other publications. The Associate Editor is appointed by the Editor-in- Chief.
- Article 10. (Selection of Editorial Assistant) An Editorial Assistant is appointed to aid the editing and publishing of the journal and other publications, and to support the tasks of the Associate Editor.
- Article 11. (Duty of Editorial Assistant) An Editorial Assistant is appointed to support the Associate Editor in the editing and publication of the journal. An Editorial Assistant also takes and stores minutes of editorial board meetings.
- Article 12. (Duty of Editorial Board) The duties and tasks of the Editorial Board are:
- 1. Publication of the journal and relevant tasks
- 2. Review and editing of submitted articles
- 3. Publishing of books such as academic research series
- 4. Other editing and publishing tasks
Chapter 3. Editorial board meeting
- Article 13. (Convening a meeting) An editorial board meeting is convened by the Editor-in-Chief on occasion. When needed, a meeting may be convened when proposed by five or more board members or by the Executive Director of Institute.
- Article 14. (Requirement) Five or more editorial board members must be present at an editorial board meeting.
- Article 15. (Vote) All agendas at the editorial board meeting are voted by the attending members and validated when more than half of the participants approve. If the voting result gets even, the Editor-in-Chief has the right to make a final decision.
- Article 16. (Chairperson) The Editor-in-Chief chairs the editorial board meeting. When the Editor-in-Chief cannot attend the meeting, a deputy chair is elected among the board members.
- Article 17. (Decisions) The publication of the journal, the review and editing of submitted articles, and other editing and publishing matters are discussed and decided at editorial board meetings.
- 1. The above policy applies to the first and subsequent issues of Journal of Multi-Cultural Contents Studies(first issue published on April 30th, 2009) which includes the publication of Advanced Cultural Studies and Multi-Cultural Studies.
- 2. The above policy is revised and applies from April 18th, 2011.
- 3. The above policy is revised and applies from November 1st, 2013.
- 4. The above policy is revised and applies from January 26th, 2015.